Re: XS Tri-gear

Subject: Re: XS Tri-gear
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 12:41:43
Thought of, yes.  On my AA-5, the steps are massive (steel of course),
affixed with big bolts and steel plate doublers.  They still flex.
Deplaning can put considerable stress on it if a pax stomps on the
step too briskly, so whatever you engineer can't fail, or someone can
get hurt (just break ladies' hearts!).  Result is weight (and drag).

One solution is a small molded plastic stool carried in the A/C.  Your
chivalry on the airport ramp won't go unnoticed either. :)

Regards,
Fred F., A063