Re: Gascolators

Subject: Re: Gascolators
From: Tom & Cathy Friedland <tfriedland@home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:21:46
Hello fly people,

I did not like the looks of the small fuel filters that Europa supplies nor
their
way of checking or replacing them.  Tony Bingelis in his book "Firewall Forward"
recommends putting in a modern fuel filter such as used in racing autos.  He
suggests a Fram HPG-1 and then placing a drain in the bottom.  It is well made
and has a large area pleated paper filter than will filter down to ? very small
micron size and is easily replaceable and available.  I have the fuel tank
drains
mod but also can drain the filter easily.  It is also about 1/2 the cost of the
Andair gascolator!

Tom Friedland A 079