Re: Capacitance fuel level sending unit.

Subject: Re: Capacitance fuel level sending unit.
From: Nigel Charles <72016.3721@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 19:44:19
Message text written by INTERNET:bizzarro@easynet.co.uk
>and that water is not a useful substitute. <

Water isn't just not useful it renders the sender useless as it shorts out
the probes. Water in the fuel is the most likely reason for this type of
gauge to fail. Using a water separating filter in the funnel and keeping
the tank topped up between flights as well as regular water drain checks
help to avoid this problem.

>And epoxy resin does stick to the tank despite what the manual says.
<

It might do initially but it soon lets go as I found out when I had to
reposition the tank to ensure clearance from the spars.

Nigel Charles