Re: Use of White Pigment with Ampreg 20

Subject: Re: Use of White Pigment with Ampreg 20
From: Fred Fillinger <fillinger@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:43:27
Bob, I used white + black, e.g., to make resin gray for interior use,
where I finish-coated with gray speckle coat, as seen in Tony K's
project.  Does permit a much thinner gray base coat.

On the old wings, you'll still need filler, and the thickness of the
UV barrier prime coat needs be such that the color of the substrate
will make little difference.  Thus, on a wing, I'd personally rather
not take the mfr's word for it that structurally, a tinting pigment is
OK.  Probably is, but if it won't accomplish much....

Regards,
Fred F., A063