Re: With regret

Subject: Re: With regret
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 22:37:12

>Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
>Steven Eberhart <newtech@newtech.com>
>

>   Majordomo running on an old 486 box running Linux would do
>quite nicely.

With apologies to Avnet's hardware, which I'm sure is a bit more
industrial-strength, that's about where we are now. But the new
server would need to reject "vacation mail" replies, strip off
attachments to prevent virus transmission, send bounces back to the
sender as well as the administrator, file the accumulated archives
and make them web-accessible, etc, etc, etc - all the things that the
current majordomo list on avnet is not doing now.

This message I'm replying to is a case in point - John had to post it
because for some reason Majordomo didn't like it, and didn't tell
Steve there was a problem.

The Europa Club Committee thought the move would be an improvement
for all - but clearly many are not happy, so nothing is going to be
railroaded through here.

regards

Rowland