Wing Filling

Subject: Wing Filling
From: TroyMaynor@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 21:18:22
Hi All You Classic Builders

I am in the middle of filling the classic wing. I know, I'm probably the last
one in the field that still hasn't done this. But never the less I have some
questions for those of you that have done this. It seems the more low areas I
fill in the more others show up. I am using a drywall knife of about 12
inches wide to spread the Superfil. (The widest one I could find.) I used the
fishing line method. The sanding splines are 42 ", 24", and a short 12" one.
All are 4" wide. On one surface I tried using some black paint to reveal low
areas but these still are visible after more filler has been applied over
them, confusing the next sanding/filling phase. How did some of you guys get
those perfect finishes? How much of a mistake can be hidden with the Smooth
Prime filler? It's too late when you have the paint on it. (I'm still "gun
shy" after trying to prep a car for paint a few years ago.)
HELP
Frustrated in NC

Troy 120