Flame wars

Subject: Flame wars
From: Alan Stewart <alan.stewart@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 07:43:39

Yes,

I don't believe quite a bit of what I read on this forum, either.

I disagree with Peter's assertion that it's difficult to get to grips
with the monowheel, though I humbly accept that the justification for the
design concept may be on shaky ground.

As I've said, sometimes it's difficult to get to flying speed against
grass or incline resisitance irrespective of tyre size. I need a more
powerful engine !

Europa's did go through a rocky period in the UK, incident wise. A couple
of insurerers mentioned to me that premiums might need to rise, due to this.
(hopefully, now in the past)

... and since I don't believe in deities, but do believe in the power of
marketing and those with a vested interest in selling stuff I wouldn't be
at all surprised if there was precious little difference in the performance
of properly constructed aircraft.

Nonetheless, it has many virtues. It is cheap (and a joy) to fly, and has a
good turn of speed.

I've spent a lot of money on my aircraft so I'm entitled to hold an opinion
like the rest....

However, I'll shut up now and keep my head below the parapet.

Alan