Re: First flight

Subject: Re: First flight
From: David Watts <dg.watts@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:03:00
First flightJavier,
congratulation.

My only suggestion with the oil temperature is to mount the oil cooler
seperately below the centre of the engine, mounted to the engine, and
cut an opening in the cowling immediately below the centre of the
spinner.

Dave Watts G-BXDY
  Yesterday my Europa Classic (kit 187, EC-ZDH), first Spanish Europa,
has flown for first time in the hands of Ignacio Elduayen, a very
experienced taildrager pilot (Pitts, Sukoi, etc..)
  According with him the plane flies superb and it is very easy to
control on ground.

  Unfortunately the flight was too short because of high oil
temperature. I have the original cowling with the oil radiator behind
the water radiator. I think that this configuration is not adequate for
Spanish climate. In addition, could anybody in the forum give me some
advice about how to solve this problem?