First flight

Subject: First flight
From: Barahona Alonso Francisco Javier <javier.barahona@aeasa.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 09:14:26
Yesterday my Europa Classic (kit 187, EC-ZDH), first Spanish Europa,
has
flown for first time in the hands of Ignacio Elduayen, a very
experienced
taildrager pilot (Pitts, Sukoi, etc..)

According with him the plane flies superb and it is very easy to
control on
ground.

Unfortunately the flight was too short because of high oil temperature.
have the original cowling with the oil radiator behind the water
radiator. I
think that this configuration is not adequate for Spanish climate
(yesterday
ambient temperature was over 35=BAC). I have asked Europa Aircraft for
assistance.

In addition, could anybody in the forum give me some advice about how
solve this problem?

Best regards
Javier Barahona