Fwd: RE: AeroElectric-List: Servo supply.

Subject: Fwd: RE: AeroElectric-List: Servo supply.
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 23:48:10
I thought this might interest the more thoughtful builders in the group?

 >I need to reduce the speed at which my MAC servo adjust the aileron trim
 >on my RV9 elevator. 9 volts looks about right and I was wondering if
 >there is a simple solid state package that could supply this. Any
 >ideas?
 >
 >Rob.
Sure. Our little half amp dimmers have been used for
this purpose. Instead of adjusting voltage to a light bulb,
you can set the voltage to a more desirable, lower voltage
with the dimmer. You can see the dimmer product at:
http://www.aeroelectric.com/Catalog/lighting/lighting.html#dim5-14
You can download instructions for installing the dimmer
at:
http://www.aeroelectric.com/Catalog/lighting/9013_ins.pdf
This document also illustrates the wiring diagram for
the dimmer which you can use as a guide for fabricating
your own voltage adjustment device . . . the parts needed
to do this are available at Radio Shack.
If you wanted a really compact assembly, the little DIM5-14
assembly can be fitted with a potentiometer right on the
board and eliminate the outboard potentiometer used as
the panel control for dimming.
Bob . . .