RE: Roll Trim Tab (fwd)

Subject: RE: Roll Trim Tab (fwd)
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:40:38
>The Navaid costs a fortune compared to a roll trim system. Plus it isn't as
>good as a turn and bank. Having flown out of trim Europas over 10,000
>nautical miles, across the U.S. a trim is necessary IMHO.
>
>James Thursby

Hi Jim,

The cost of a turn & bank plus a roll trim is not that much less than that
of a Navaid. (Well maybe about half, {{?:-)

My personal preference would would be a Navaid, to help me during high
workload situations like getting form north of London to south of London,
you know the situation? Poor viz, limited to a 5 mile wide corridor, 1500
feet QNH and lots of traffic.

Anybody any ideas for a manual roll trim? I know a simple shock cord system
was tried but it should be relatively easy to make a reliable adjustable unit.

Graham