RE: Wing rib at Aileron question.

Subject: RE: Wing rib at Aileron question.
From: Nick Hammond <nick.hammond@saabsystems.com.au>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:38:17
Jeff,

The 2 x BID aileron closeout reinforcement you apply (see Chapter 8) will
attach the trailing edge of the rib to the aileron closeout.

BTW, the flanges at the trailing edge of the closeout have a tendency to
spring too close together, meaning that quite a lot of the top flange has to
be trimmed away when you come to fit the aileron. If I was doing it again, I
would spread the flanges with spacers so the top flange was parallel with
the upper surface of the wing (as defined by the ribs) before laying up the
reinforcement.

Regards,

Nick Hammond
Monowheel XS 418