FW:

Subject: FW:
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:05:09

Gentlemen,
Yet again it has been brought to my attention that "persons unknown" are
reputed to have said that I have had cooling problems with my Jabiru 3300
engine. I would like to "put this suggestion to bed" once and for all.
First and foremost I am not under any obligation to Jabiru Aircraft or their
agents but I speak as I find and in that respect I am categorically able to
say that the engine has performed very satisfactorily in ALL respects,
including  cooling.
I have had some changes to make to the cowl on my installation I believe for
the following reasons:-
a)The cowl I have fitted to my Europa is the first made in the UK and was
originally made for the 2200 Jabiru. In consequence I always undertook to
modify it as would obviously be necessary.
b)The engine is I believe the first one actively on trial with the Europa
Installation so some development was to be expected anyway.
c)Since I have an MT Constant Speed Propeller I believe that the shape and
size of the spinner is very likely the main cause of my needing to pay
particular attention to the maintenance of satisfactory cooling at all times
particularly on ground running and slow steep climb out, actually deflecting
air from the intake ducts. Not withstanding the fact that this propeller has
a 5.25" chord with approx.45deg.pitch at the spinner which must help ground
cooling anyway.
d) It must be expected that the aft cylinders will obviously run hotter than
those forward so the simple remedy is to feed some dedicated cooling air
direct to No's 5 and 6 .If your installation actually need the temperatures
reducing
e) The complete absence of a myriad of coolant pipes to leak and indeed so
be likely to swamp the intake breathing air supply of the engine must be a
huge benefit.
f) Single Carburation supplying a balanced intake to all cylinders must also
be of considerable benefit.

However I must now stop because I was always taught that it was bad sales
policy to KNOCK the competition and I don't really need to lower myself to
those levels and since I'm not selling anyway ........ perhaps it should be
borne in mind that some people have a "divided agenda" when they put about
spurious information.
Regards to all except those  who will feel put out by this statement.

Bob Harrison G-PTAG  Kit 337 Europa /Jabiru 3300