Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:18:26 +0100

Subject: Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 13:18:26 +0100
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2001 12:24:45
Hi! Guy's.
I thought I'd better advise further re:- my 3300 engine
"hesitation" -intermittent misfire.
Whilst the changing of the rotor arms certainly improved matters and we
found
positive "tracking marks " on the original orange ones the problem was still
there although on a much smaller scale.
I have now changed two of the plug caps and bingo the problem has gone.
I had found it necessary to "thin off"(grind) all the caps to ensure that
the metal clip inside was getting "home" onto the plug top as well as
"thinning off" the rubber inserts that close the ram air hole round the plug
cap, I also had fitted restraining straps across each pair of caps because
of this problem.(somewhere there has recently been a rough running engine
and some of the caps were found to have jumped off the plugs! This makes
quite a case for some restraining straps )
Because of this thinner section of the plug cap the spark had cut a tiny
hole
through the remaining rubber of the cap and was grounding to the ram air
duct rather than jump the plug gap in the cylinder ?
Sounds "far fetched " I know because GRP isn't supposed to be a conductor,
but with my kind of luck the laws of physics will stand on its head.
Hope this follow up provides a little assistance to anyone with the same
problem.
Regards
Bob Harrison G-PTAG Europa/Jabiru 3300