a clumsy insurance agent builds a Europa

Subject: a clumsy insurance agent builds a Europa
From: Paul Boulet <possible2do@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2001 21:55:18
Hi All;
Well I'm about to attach the fletner strips to my
stabilizer tab.  Confidence certainly does build as
you put this "thang" together.  I have a few questions
for the forum:

1.  I may of gotten an air bubble under the fiberglass
when I glassed in the hard point that controls the
stabilizer tab.  What's the best way to deal with air
bubbles as I imagine more are coming;
2.  The fletner strips are about 3 inches too short to
run full span of the stabilizer tab which surprises me
a bit.  Is this ok?  Should I just dead center them on
the trim tab?  Should I sand them down flush to taper
into the trim tab or just let them end abruptly?
3.  I found I can minimize air bubbles on the hard
point for the trim tab control by putting flox on the
outside of the hard point when I flox it in.  Then I
gently curved it so there would be no depressions,
flat spots or peaks.  It worked great but I'm afraid
maybe I added needless extra weight.  Comments please.
4.  I must of drilled the port stabilizer tab a
millimeter farther out than the starboard one so now I
have a bigger gap on the stabilizer tab.  Cosmetically
it's bugging me a bit but I'll leave it alone if you
all tell me it won't hurt the performance.  Sure is
taking me a long time...speed is increasing though as
i get confidence.

And to all listening...the young girl living with us
is going to have labor induced on Monday morning so we
should have our first (and only!) baby by end of the
day...surely a big step for me age 44 and wife 49.

Thanks to all contributors
Paul Boulet, A212, Malibu, California

http://buzz.yahoo.com/