Tyre Creep

Subject: Tyre Creep
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:26:22
Many thanks to all those who have already replied to my query about tyre
creep.
It appears that I am not alone in experiencing creep with a McCreary
Airtrac tyre on the mono mainwheel.
On the advice of Andy Draper I am going to increase the pressure from 18
p.s.i. to 20 p.s.i.
I did notice when changing the tyre that the Dico was very difficult to
get off whereas the McCreary went on comparatively easily. I didn't have
to use any lubricant when fitting the McCreary, and in the light of my
experience I suggest that anyone else doing this changeover should avoid
using any lubricant.
Other useful advice which I received was to file the edge of the valve
hole to reduce the chance of chafing, and the obvious one - don't use
the brakes more than you have to!
Roger Anderson.