Tyre creep

Subject: Tyre creep
From: Roger Anderson <Randerson@skewstacks.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:15:04
Having discovered at my first annual check that the original Dico tyre
was rubbing on the main undercarriage fork I replaced it with an 8x6
McCreary Airtrac, supplied by Europa. I have subsequently carried out
about seventeen landings, none of which have required any significant
braking a far a I can remember, but I notice that the tyre has crept by
about 3/4". The inflator is snug in its hole in the wheel and doesn't
appear to be under any strain, and so presumably the tyre has rotated
independently of the inner tube.
Tyre pressure is18 p.s.i. and has remained constant.The Dico did not
exhibit any creep during the first year of flying.Has anyone else
encountered this sort of behaviour? Should I be worried, and what can be
done to prevent the tyre from sliding round the inner tube?
Your comments/advice would be appreciated.
Roger Anderson. G-BXTD.