Re: Redux test?

Subject: Re: Redux test?
From: Rob Housman <ROBHOUSMAN@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2001 10:12:28
If you have a tensile tester at work you may already have copies of
these specifications, so you may want to look for them in the books
instead of paying for a download.

For tensile testing of plastic specimens thinner than 1 mm use ASTM D882
http://www.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/detail?product_id912450 (This test
method is similar to ISO 527-3, but is not considered technically
equivalent), and for specimens up to 14 mm thick use ASTM D638
http://www.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/detail?product_id912429 (This test
method and ISO 527-1 are technically equivalent)

Both are available for download in Adobe Acrobat format from ASTM at the
URLs shown above at US$36.00 and US$41.50, respectively.

Perhaps more appropriate because it describes a test for welds is ASTM
C1147 http://www.techstreet.com/cgi-bin/detail?product_id1358 also
available for download at US$30.50.

Check the descriptions at these URLs for more details.

Best regards,

Rob Housman
A070