Oil Line

Subject: Oil Line
From: MJKTuck@cs.com
Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2001 21:57:20
Hi Folks,

I''m doing my 75 hour check and noticed that the oil return line was actually
touching one of the exhaust stubs burning through the firesleeve. Further
examination revealed a very localized area of hardening and surface cracking
of the rubber oil return line.

I know there was some word recently in the factory newsletter about hose
marked 'Conti' (not the redline stuff which is prone to heat degradation) and
that you can get some from the factory but often it is quicker for me to just
get something like this from Aircraft Spruce. Can anyone recommend a
particular type which is heat resistant and OK to use for 912UL oil return
line use?

Thanks
Martin Tuck
N152MT