Re: XS and Classic differences

Subject: Re: XS and Classic differences
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:08:33

>I am interested in the differences between the Classic Europa and the XS. I
>have seen a number of adverts claiming "Classic Europa with all the XS
>modifications"
>
>Is this possible or are there structural differences in the two models??

The fuselage / engine / cowling can be XS ified, so to speak. The wings are
not quite so easy because whilst the area is the same (I think?) there is
more washout and more span on the XS. This makes the XS slightly more
forgiving near the stall the eh Classic. THe may be a performance gain too
but I can't confirm that.

Graham