Firewall

Subject: Firewall
From: DJA727@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 09:40:17

Hello,

I am going to be buying a Europa and have some questions before I do.

Is the firewall material effective? How does it compare to a stainless steel
firewall? Has anyone tested the material?

Does anyone have experience with the motorglider in a crosswind? I am still
trying to imagine how to land the conventional gear airplane with the
outriggers. What happens if the outrigger hits first as in a wing down
situation? Is the airplane landed in a crab?

I have read about kid seats in the past. Is there any chance that the Europa
could be modified to install a third seat in the back?

I read an NTSB report of a tri gear in Florida that lost it's nose gear in
flight. I think it was the demo aircraft for Europa. Is this tri gear system
a strong - sound design? Does anybody have trouble with the hand control
differential braking?

Thanks for the time to read these questions.

Dave Anderson
Gardnerville Nevada