RE: radios etc

Subject: RE: radios etc
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:42:39
Hi! Paul.
I am very limited in radio knowledge, but I sure wish I hadn't bought a set
that has auto squelch control. I have tried everything recommended to stop
the incoming signal getting shut down on my Icom AC200 without any
improvement:-
a) 5 ohm plug suppresser caps.
b) grounded the Carb/throttle cable.
c) 20 amp automobile supply line suppresser.
d) grounded tin foil round distributor caps and plug leads.
e) grounded the aluminium sheet which covers the rear of the firewall.
f) grounded the radio negative direct to the battery
g) grounded the rear of the radio case direct to battery

about to try removing one end of the ignition grounding shielding to leave
only one end grounded.
If anyone can suggest any other attempts I'd be most grateful because I'm
fresh out of ideas.?
Regards
Bob Harrison  Europa /Jabiru 3300