Poly Fiber Paint System

Subject: Poly Fiber Paint System
From: Carl Pattinson <carl@flyers.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:58:17

Hi,

I know this subject has been well covered but the question is where to
find the info.

Has anyone used the Poly Fiber water based paint system on their Europa
and if so how did they find it

(1) Cost - UK pounds if possible.
(2) Ease of use
(3) Time taken to paint - can this be done in weekend chunks ?
(4) How much sanding involved. Is it as easy to sand as they say.
(5) Finishing - how much buffing is required to achieve the high gloss
and will I need to go out and buy an electric buffing machine, or is
elbow grease sufficient.
(5) Durability/ flexibility of paint once applied ???
(6) Manufacturer support - is this available in UK/ USA.

I should mention that we have filled our flying surfaces (Europa
Classic) in the traditional way using resin/filler mix and it is at the
"ready to paint" stage. In theory, the rest of the process should be
simple ?????

Thanks,

any info appreciated

Carl Pattinson
Classic Europa Kit (soon to be classified as vintage aircraft)