Re: Europa flap drive opening

Subject: Re: Europa flap drive opening
From: Klaus Dietrich <Klaus.Dietrich@oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 09:33:04

Hi Nigel,

yes indeed my sliding internal covers of the flap tube and trim tube are
working fine now since ca 200 hrs. I'll try to prepare something for the
"Flyer" (during the next rainind eweekend....)

But they are easy to make out of 0.8 mm PVC sheets which are sliding on the
inside of the fuselage in railes equally made out of PVC. The rails are glued
on to the fuselage with Pattex or double faced scotch tape and the sliding
cover is fixed on the tube....(no risk of jamming as the PVC will bend in all
directions and/or can "jump" out of its rail in case of jaming)

I'll try to send some pictures (...and will be at Cranfield and/or Epinal)

All the best
Klaus