Putting fuselage top on

Subject: Putting fuselage top on
From: Fergkyle <ve3lvo@rac.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2001 09:48:02
Hi,
            I sent the folowing out a couple of days ago. Bill Henderson
(#A010) replied with further advice which is located below mine. Worth
knowing.
Cheers, Ferg A064

"I've just gone over the correspondence on attaching the cockpit and
fuselage
top to the 'canoe temporarily - and for final bonding. At Chris Staines'
suggestion I found two boxes of self-drilling #10 hexhead drive screws
(ostensibly for swimming pool type things).
        Because they are 1/4" hex drive, hand an electric screwdrivers fit
without slipping, and can be installed all around the fuselage in minutes.
For the final bonding, I plan to coat with grease to prevent bonding in. One
every 10" makes it really easy, but don't gronch them too tightly to avoid
distorting the sides.   Cheers,   Ferg A064"

" Don't bother with the grease.  I did mine using the screws and did not
grease them.  They came out just fine.  Beats having to clean up thegrease
afterward and insures a clean surface when you start filling in all those
little screw holes........ Bill "