Temporay cockpit/top positioning

Subject: Temporay cockpit/top positioning
From: Fergkyle <ve3lvo@rac.ca>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 21:03:31
I've just gone over the correspondence on attaching the cockpit and fuselage
top to the 'canoe temporarily - and for final bonding. At Chris Staines'
suggestion I found two boxes of self-drilling #10 hexhead drive screws
(ostensibly for swimming pool type things).
        Because they are 1/4" hex drive, hand an electric screwdrivers fit
without slipping, and can be installed all around the fuselage in minutes.
For the final bonding, I plan to coat with grease to prevent bonding in. One
every 10" makes it really easy, but don't gronch them too tightly to avoid
distorting the sides.
Cheers,
Ferg A064