Re: What Engine Instruments do you need/use on a Rotax 914?

Subject: Re: What Engine Instruments do you need/use on a Rotax 914?
From: Dr. Christoph Both <christoph.both@acadiau.ca>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 08:56:49
The new EIS Engine Management System has capability to
monitor 4 EGT's and also to transmit data to a computer, etc. Just
seen at Sun&Fun!

Christoph Both #223
 Wolfville, NS Canada

From:                   Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Subject:                Re: What Engine Instruments do you need/use on a
         Rotax 914?

>CHT    ( looks like 1 sensor on the standard installation.  Anyone do all 4?)
>EGT    ( looks like 1 sensor/side.  Aren't 4 needed?)

I would strongly recommend 4 EGTs. They don't half dance about with changes
in throttle setting. Probably due to the manifold/butterfly interaction. It
may be less of a problem with the 914 because the inlet air temp will be
higher and help to evaporate the fuel droplets and distribut the fuel to
the cylinders in a less random manner.

Graham.