What Engine Instruments do you need/use on a Rotax 914?

Subject: What Engine Instruments do you need/use on a Rotax 914?
From: Shaun Simpkins <shauns@hevanet.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:24:43

All:

I've been poring over the 914 Installation Manual to find out what needs
and what should be monitored in the cockpit.
The list I obtained is below.  Could other 914 owners share what
parameters their setup monitors?

Red and Orange idiot lights

CHT    ( looks like 1 sensor on the standard installation.  Anyone do
all 4?)
EGT    ( looks like 1 sensor/side.  Aren't 4 needed?)
Oil Temp
Oil Press
Manifold Pressure
RPM
Airbox Temperature

The following parameters have sensors that feed the TCU but don't
display:

Ambient Pressure
Airbox Pressure

The following parameter is not sensed:

Coolant Temperature (why?)

The usual other engine systems parameters:

Fuel level, pressure, flow
Volts, Amps
OAT

Thanks,