Bembridge reopens

Subject: Bembridge reopens
From: David Cripps <david.cripps@spsystems.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2001 09:49:37
Just to let you UK pilots know that after being closed for more than a year,
Bembridge airfield on the Isle of Wight reopens today, Saturday, (800m
concrete, 12/30. A/G 123.25).  This is the airfield that I have been flying
Europa GBWJH from under special dispensation, but it is now open to all.
Also, Sandown which has been closed for 6 months due to being waterlogged,
is now open again, so the Isle of Wight is fully open for aviation once
again (no foot and mouth disease either!).

If you can make it down to Bembridge today, there are no landing fees in
celebration of the re-opening. I think they're also laying on some free
food! I'll be over there today as the IOW PFA strut is helping with the
admin of the opening and aircraft parking.

Tel numbers are : Bembridge: 01983 873331, and Sandown: 01983 405125.  I can
also be reached on my mobile 07970 140950.

If you come any other time, feel free to give me a call as it's always good
to see other Europa pilots down here.

Happy flying!

David
GBWJH