RE: Gap Seals

Subject: RE: Gap Seals
From: Paul.Sweeting@ntl.com
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:39:43
Whilst flying with the air cadets in Grob G103A Twin II Acro gliders, we
utilised what we referred to as aileron tape, which was a wide (2"-3")
durable fabric sticky tape, which was applied across the aileron gap, at its
largest with full opposite aileron deflection. As well as to the gaps around
the rudder fin, elevator and to create a seal between wing and fuselage.
If applied carefully it improved both performance and decreased noise
levels.

And yes we did recieve complaints from residents living near to a large
operational RAF base, with jets operating during weekdays, about the noise
the gliders were making flying over their homes on the weekend.
They, we guess were just looking to obtain free double glazing from the
mod!!!

cheers
Paul Sweeting