Re: rudder cables again

Subject: Re: rudder cables again
From: Steve Pitt <stevenwpitt@cwcom.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 07:03:22
To Bill and Terry (and anyone else it may concern)
I am building a trigear (if it makes any difference) and I have installed
the nylaflow tubing from behind the front blocks to in front of the pulleys
but mine are free of any pinch points except the mudguard that was installed
as part of the factory newsletter Issue 24.
I spoke to Neville about this and also looked at one of the factory machines
when I collected my engine and the cables run through the mudguard where a
slot has been cut to take the up and down arc of the cable. Having said that
you then have to seal the holes with sillicone to prevent gases permeating
---From the engine.
Confused ........ I still am but the point of previous discussions seems to
be
1) to avoid the cables going through too sharp an angle
2) using Nylaflow or similar keeps the cables clean and avoid the cable
rubbing on any sharp! objects
3) to avoid the cables from snagging on the undercarriage, whether mono or
tri.
They say that a picture tells a thousand words. If you want to go offline I
could fax a diagram of what I have done (I don't think a digital picture
will clearly show it, but I could try.)
Steve Pitt #403