rudder cables again

Subject: rudder cables again
From: flying <pauld.stewart.fly@virginnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 17:54:07

I know some will be groaning at the sight of another posting about
rudder
cables, however...... I'm intending to run the cables within the tunnel
inside some 1/4" Nyloflex tubing as many have suggested. Given that the
actuator arm of the rudder pedals describes an arc, the cables
themselves at
the level of the forward rubbing blocks rise and fall approx 1.5" as the
pedals are operated. So question one is how far forward have folk
brought
the Nyloflex tubing - surely if you bring it too far the tubing itself
will
dictate the route of the cables and be taking a significant amount of
friction for which it is not designed?

Second question is if I also use the tufnol guides in the tunnel in the
dimensions suggested by the manual, they would move the cables so far
outboard that they rub on the cockpit module in front of the thigh
support
rib. Again is this not a rubbing point to be avoided or should I accept
the
cables describing a rather tortuous path but retained within firmly
anchored
Nyloflex tubing.
regards Paul Stewart #432