Re: RE: Painting of aluminum bits and pieces

Subject: Re: RE: Painting of aluminum bits and pieces
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:09:02

> Going to school at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical U. in Prescott, AZ, they trained
with 180 hp 172's for single and Piper Seminoles for twin.  The field was 5300'
MSL, and on a 90 deg. day, it was pretty dicey.  For the Seminoles, an engine
out meant you were going down.  Nice twin, but dangerous in less than ideal
conditions.  As an Engineer, I didn't have the money or time to fly, so I'm
doing
it now.

If you thing it is dicey at 5300' with 180hp, try it with a standard 152!
I learned to fly in Ft. Collins, Colorado (5100'), with a 152 and a pretty big
instructor.  On 90 degree days it took a long time to get to pattern altitude!

Brian