RE: Sanding dust extractor

Subject: RE: Sanding dust extractor
From: Cliff Shaw <flyinggpa@home.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 22:29:43
This is a question I can suggest an answer for:  I used a sanding block
(spline) that was designed to attach to a vacuum.  It was sold in the
plaster board department of the home improvement store (Home Depot). To get
rid of the noise we used plastic pipe and put the shop vacuum outside the
shop wall. (pipe through hole in wall)  To make the work easier and not to
have to contend with the hose in the way, I rigged a line from the hose to
the ceiling above the work bench to hold the hose up. This system work well
for the rough sanding, but the very last bit needed a sanding spline that I
did not have  a hose hooked to. I did have quite a bit of dust to contend
with anyway. It is part of the "joy" of building composites.

Cliff Shaw