Re: Stick brake lever

Subject: Re: Stick brake lever
From: michael.dolphin <michael.dolphin@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 18:31:38
This method was tried on Ron Swindens Airplane . We sweated blood to try and
get the F*#@:: $#  thing to work. unfortunately a combination of factors
including the amount of travel required on the master cylinder lever to have
any effect and the slight springiness of that length of teleflex conspired
to have only a minimal usefulness as a method of stopping a plane. As a
device for snagging on clothing, catching on the panel and generally getting
in the way, it remains unsurpassed.
The Europa guys got it right first time, it falls nicely to hand at the
right time, and in 270 hrs of operation I've had no reason to want it
shifted. Another thing to consider for those with cranked sticks is, extra
mass on the stick top & "G" loading dont mix

Regards all,   Mike D   The Wheelbarrow