Re: Brake on the stick and aligning the boat

Subject: Re: Brake on the stick and aligning the boat
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 08:33:01

All fluids (and all solids, for that matter) will compress to some extent.
In moderately high pressure applications like brake lines the compressibility
becomes important, since it can lead to the brakes feeling "spongy".

I don't think that the slight compressibility of silicone will cause a problem
with the Europa - the brakes should be applied gradually anyways in a
taildragger, and the compressibility would only help prevent a sudden increase
in braking.

Brian