Re: First Flight!

Subject: Re: First Flight!
From: Graham Singleton <grasingleton@avnet.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 00:07:23
>Another one takes to the air FINALLY!
>     April 2, 2001 at Europa in Lakeland, FL(USA) a Europa XS monowheel
> 914 leaped into the air several seconds before her startled pilot was
> expecting it. The first flight was short with the typical problem of
> overheating but it was a marvelous first. For all you other Europa
> dreamers keep the faith and it will happen!

Well done Bruce! just be careful until you have a hundred hours under your
belt. Then keep non being careful for the rest of your flying time!

I have heard that the new motorglider wings also flew on 2 April. And the
Liberty, the certified version of the Europa. Sounds like April 2 was a
special day for the group.

Graham