spanner in the works

Subject: spanner in the works
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 13:04:54
I have been switching my allegiance from the old Mac I've used for
about 7 years to a slighty newer one (about a year younger!). I've
been upgrading from Mac OS 7.5.5 to 8.6 (something like moving from
windows 95 to w2000), moving thousands of files and re-installing
dozens of applications, and have had two machines and an external
hard disc running in parallel for a while as I checked for correct
operation of everything. Despite (or perhaps because of) all this
duplication I have managed to lose the e-mail messages downloaded in
a recent Eudora online session. They got downloaded to a disc which
was re-formatted shortly afterwards and I stupidly forgot to backup
the mail folder after running the test.

So, if you sent a message to me in the last few days (possibly about
the renewal of your Europa Club subscription) and have not received a
reply, please send it again. I apologise to all those who may have
been inconvenienced by this, and will try to be less careless in
future!

regards

Rowland

PS: No, I decided not to have a linux partition on the 7100 ....