RE: Re: Kremen variable pitch props

Subject: RE: Re: Kremen variable pitch props
From: Bob.Harrison <ptag.dev@ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:31:20
Well said Graham, and you really know about that. Hopefully you are still
recovering OK.? Just a simple pointer now, last week we got 130kts(AIS) at
2400Rpm and 26" Manifold pressure , which we can claim to be cruise speed
since the max.Jabiru 3300 engine speed is 3300Rpm and 75% of that is
2475Rpm. The max.AIS recorded at fully fine 2,900 Rpm was only 2kts more.!
These figures are provisional and were achieved at max. all up weight at
2000
ft level with ambient temps. of about minus 1deg. at that level.(perhaps
some clever maths chaps could convert that to equivalent figures at say 8000
ft.?)
The point here is where would these figures be with a fixed pitch prop. and
more to the point how much excess fuel would we be stuffing through ?
Regards
Bob Harrison  G-PTAG.