Re: Crimping....

Subject: Re: Crimping....
From: Brian Rauchfuss - PCD <brauchfu@pcocd2.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 08:42:40

> But, Ferg, he's the same Bob Nuckolls who describes soldering D-sub
> connectors and even #2 or #4 wire, large ring terminals.  The latter I
> think is questionable, but only due to the difficulty of getting
> enough heat, fast enough, on the thing to ensure good solder flow
> without making an ugly mess.

How else do you connect #2 or #4 wires?  My father said that the only wire
connection that ever failed on him was an attempted crimp of a battery
cable - without a special tool it is almost impossible to crimp properly,
and it seems silly to buy a special tool for the 6 or so #2/#4 connections
on the airplane.

Brian