molex crimp tool

Subject: molex crimp tool
From: Rowland & Wilma Carson <rowil@clara.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2001 18:07:53
I had a query a while back from a member who's not online about a
special crimp tool for the Molex connectors used on KY96A/97A radios.
He had never seen such a tool and could not find anything like it in
his Farnell or RS catalogues. The Molex reference number is 6115, but
I'm now a bit hazy as to whether that was the tool or the actual
connector number.

I had a poke around without any success. Molex have a website, but it
is designed to allow only certain browsers to gain any useful access
(another marketing triumph!). As far as I could find out with the
tools at my disposal, the 6115 number does not seem to have a
matching item on the Molex site.

Anyone know any more about this tool? I guess (as I advised the
originator of the query) that RD and Adams will at least have access
to such a tool, but I don't know how they'd feel about using it on a
panel on which they were not doing all the rest of the wiring. I also
suspect it's priced so as to make it unattractive to purchase for a
one-off job.

regards

Rowland