Epoxy storage for use

Subject: Epoxy storage for use
From: Fergkyle <ve3lvo@rac.ca>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 23:07:46
Cheers,
            I am on my fourth year and from the start went to a local
Canadian Tire store ( a chain of hardware stores in Canada) and sought out
the container section - where all the water bottles for those strange
bicyclers and trotters sit, along with dishes for burbling babies and
similar ilk.
            There as previously mentioned I found a one litre and a half
litre sample, complete with a screw-on lid, a small air hole (3/16in) and a
snap top on about a 3/8inch pourer. The bottles use the same tops.
            I am using Aeropoxy which may be different to yours. But I have
had to change one bottle since (I had about 4 in reserve), not because it
contaminated the fluids but because I stepped on it and fired about three
feet of fluid, forunately onto a plywood sheet waiting to be trashed.
            I checked with the firm who assured me that the hardener will
remain useful for three or more years provided I keep fresh air out. The
resin isn't at all so touchy. Since I measure my mixtures using dedicated
horse syringes and a digital weigher, I just keep the syringes plugged into
the airhole to stifle it and the snaptops snapped.
            Oh, (social note) these containers are colour-coordinated. I'm a
stickler for that.
Happy Landings
Ferg