Breathing Easy

Subject: Breathing Easy
From: Nic <tgynz@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 11:21:10
Having no personal experience w/ Europas airflow characteristics through the
cowl and along the fuselage,
I have no credible advice.
However, professional IMHO leads me to recommend doing everything possible
to ensure that exhaust remains outside the cabin.
My xs145 will have cabin air intake from outside the engine compartment,
with metal ducting, in case of fire.
Perhaps a vent through the base of the windscreen and a reverse naca exit
near the base of the fin.
If there is a smokey draft through the central tunnel, perhaps a blast tube
blowing across the area sideways,
or a booty on the control lever,
or a multi-element sliding partition like in some central console automatic
trans automobiles.
Somehow this will be done and I will breath easy.

Hope to start building soon,
Nic
xs-145