Re: Sport Aviation review of the TriGear

Subject: Re: Sport Aviation review of the TriGear
From: Steve & Eileen Genotte <gopack@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 22:05:18

> Shaun Simpkins wrote:

snip

> Overall, I wish that Sport Aviation would just publish the CAFE
> reports instead of their flying qualities reports.  I like the CAFE
> reports' heavy dose of hard test data to back up their subjective
> opinions.
>
> Anyone get a different read on the article?

I did.  I thought Ed Kolano's article was very straightforward.  He
described the airplane exactly as he saw it and did well comparing the
tailwheel to the monowheel.  It's not his job to recommend one design
over another and he didn't; he flew the airplane and gave an honest
appraisal of how it acts.

What anyone looking to buy an aircraft should do is read reports like
Mr. Kolano's *and* hard data like the CAFE report, then compare the
two.  Looking solely at one or the other is not enough.

Steve G.