Re: Treating aluminium bits

Subject: Re: Treating aluminium bits
From: Chris and Susan Beck <n9zes@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 12:48:39
Hi, Rick.  I Alodine all my aluminum bits before bonding, after first using the
Alumiprep wash.  I've also taken to using it for my aluminum chassis work for my
tube audio amps I build before painting.  It really makes the paint finish stick
like mad.

I get my Alodine from Wicks Aircraft or Aircraft Spruce, both USA suppliers. I'm
sure there are UK vendors, however.

Oh yeah, roughen the alu bits with the coarse side of a Permagrit tool before
alodining.  You DO have a selection of Permagrit tools, don't you?  If not, do
yourself a huge favor and get some.  I couldn't live without mine.  Expensive,
yes, but definitely a huge labor and patience saver.

Chris Beck
A159
http://www.execpc.com/~n9zes