Treating aluminium bits

Subject: Treating aluminium bits
From: Rick Sivier <rick.sivier@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:28:15
Folks,

I need a bit of advice.  I am preparing to fix the hinges on my trim tabs
and I just reread the recent thread about alodyning/anodising any aluminium
parts.  Should I be doing something with my hinges before I bond them in?  I
spoke to my inspector and he did not think it was necessary for the hinges,
but I would be grateful for your opinions.

As a follow-up question - I understand that you can do alodyning yourself,
but what do I need to get to do it and where can I get the stuff from?  (I'm
in the UK, by the way).

Thanks

Rick Sivier