Re: [AOA and ASI]

Subject: Re: [AOA and ASI]
From: Paul & Liz Atkinson <paulliz@cix.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:35:34
In article
<20010128001202.13505.qmail@awcst169.netaddress.usa.net>,
europaxs@usa.net (Andrew Sarangan) wrote:

> It is true that a 'good pilot' should be able to feel his
speed and
> stall
> conditions. However, every year we continue to witness
numerous
> stall/spin
> accidents. The ASI does a poor job of preventing them.

Agreed. In this country in particular flying is so expensive
that most of us (until the Europa is finished) fly so
infrequently that getting to know an aeroplane to that
degree is unlikely. Even with frequent flying it takes time
to get to the point where the instruments only confirm what
you are doing almost without thinking. Until that happy
state of affairs is reached an AOA is invaluable. In any
case even "good" pilots get it rong from time to time.:-((

Paul Atkinson