Future upgrades question

Subject: Future upgrades question
From: Andrew Sarangan <europaxs@usa.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 13:45:37
Hi,

I just started work on the XS kit, and I would appreciate answers to a few
questions. My plan is to install very minimal stuff in the Europa - just the
basic VFR instruments and no gyros. I am also thinking of not installing
wingtip or landing lights. However, I want to leave all these as future
upgrades. Is that possible? For example, can I pull the entire instrument
panel out and install a brand new one? Is that possible once the cockpit
module and the fuselage are bonded? Also, what measures can I take now, so
that in the future I can install wingtip lights, strobes, landing lights and
an angle of attack indicator? Some people recommended that I install a conduit
through the wing so that I can run wires or plumbing at a later date. Are
there any other techniques?

On a related note, can I legally replace an airspeed indicator with an angle
of attack indicator?

CFII
Europa #A178