Vs: XS wing panel glueing

Subject: Vs: XS wing panel glueing
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:29:59
Forwarded from the bounce bin. Message is from
"RWM-SYSTEMS" <raimo.toivio@rwm-systems.fi>

I have completed this task also few moments ago and I had similar presentiments.
I decided to put few blobs of micro on the ribs there and there and test glue
the skin. Of cource I put some tape on the underside of the skin to prevent real
glueing. Doing this I got wonderful knowledge how much to put Redux-flox-mixture
everywhere. The gap was 0-5 mm (really, maximum cap 5 mm). I did not like the
idea to spoil the aerofoil shape. That is why I did not put weights on the
ribs - only on the spar, trailing edge, tip and the root.

I can be sure: my skins are well glued.

Raimo #417
Finland