Re: Fwd: [c-a] IFR and these VFR airplanes....

Subject: Re: Fwd: [c-a] IFR and these VFR airplanes....
From: John Cliff <john@crixbinfield.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:28:32
Forwarded from the bounce bin.  Message is from
"Fergkyle" <ve3lvo@rac.ca>

> I thought that this was worth a read. Hope you agree.
>
> Graham

My God, Graham....
            That's the most profound pronouncement I've seen on this net!
            The 'been there' remark brought back all the terrors of the
night in black weather, a screw-up in the ATC, icing, and a lost soul with
no compass and the sweat seeping into the collar. Lord, get me out of here
and I'll never do this again. A flying suit soaked in white salt and wool
socks that stick to your skin. Even a hot bath doesn't eliminate the
shaking. ....and that was in an expensive, carefully maintained ship of the
line.
            If nothing else convinces the uninitiated of the folly of
reliance on single elements of a complex exercise -  the words ,
"Think VFR in these little airplanes - there is no such thing as cheap,
safe, IFR flight." .......should!
        Nice choice!!
HAPPY landings
Ferg A064